For serious divers looking to explore depths and times beyond the recreation limits, PADI DSAT Tec Deep prepares you to make gas-switch, extended no-stop dives, decompression stop dives, and accelerated decompression dives using air, enriched air and pure oxygen to 50m/165ft.
You'll learn to:
In addition to the training covered in the PADI DSAT Tec 1 (Tec Apprentice) Course, you will learn the techniques and planning necessary to make decompression stop dives down to 50m/165ft. Over the course of an additional five training dives atop the seven required from PADI DSAT Tec 1 (Tec Apprentice), you will practice accelerated decompression stops using air, enriched air, and pure oxygen.
The course will require 4 days of diving (including pool and open water sessions), 2-3 academic sessions, and 2 or more equipment configuration sessions.
- Certification as PADI Advanced Open Water (or equivalent)
- Certification as PADI Rescue Diver (or equivalent)
- Minimum age of 18 years old
- Certification as PADI Enriched Air Diver (or equivalent)
- Certification as PADI Deep Diver (or equivalent)
- Have a minimum of 100 logged dives, of which at least
- 20 dives must be enriched air dives
- 25 dives must be deeper than 18 meters/60 feet
- at least 15 dives must be deeper than 30 meters/100 feet
- Have a medical form signed by your physician
The course will require 3-4 days of diving (including pool and open water sessions), 2-3 academic sessions, and 2 or more equipment configuration sessions.
- Dive 8: 90 -130
- Dive 9: 90 -140
- Dive 10: 100 -150
- Dive 11: 100 -165
- Dive 12: 145 -165
- After successful completion of the PADI DSAT Tec Deep Diver course you'll be able to conduct gas-switch extended no-decompression dives, decompression dives and accelerated decompression dives using air and enriched air to a depth of 50 meters/165 feet. You'll also understand the hazards and risks involved in technical diving, as well as how to prepare for and handle reasonable foreseeable technical diving emergencies.
Each diver will be required to have a complete set of personal dive equipment, including:
- Diving cylinder with a minimum of 80 cubic feet with a dual-outlet valve on the cylinder ( .Y. or .H. valve) or 2 diving cylinders at least 80 cft back mount or sidemount.
- Primary & secondary regulators for doubles
- One with a seven foot hose for air sharing
- One with an SPG
- 2 Stage/deco cylinders with regulator, SPG & staging kit - properly labeled
- Back-up deco gas as required
- BC, back plate & harness (dual bladder or dual wings unless drysuit diving)
- Dive computer (single or multi-gas), and either back-up computer or timer & depth gauge
- Back-up decompression information (computer, dive tables, etc.)
- Exposure protection (dry suit use requires prior dry suit diving experience)
- Weight system (if needed)
- Lights as necessary, including primary and backup
- Jon line (for current diving environments)
- Safety reel
- (2) Slates, (1 wrist-type)
- Z-knife and back-up cutting device
- Spare clips, pull-ties, tank wrap bands & other rigging accessories
- Back-up mask (optional)
- Lift bag (100lbs min)
ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT CONSIDERATIONS
Equipment provided by SLC Scuba:
- Computer with decompression software
- Oxygen analyzer
- Emergency Oxygen & first aid kit
- Contents labels
- Forms & support materials
Divers will read the appropriate section of their TecRec manual and answer the Knowledge Reviews prior to the practical application portion. A score of at least 80% is required on all exams.
- Certification: PADI TECREC - DSAT
- Cost: $800.00
- Dates: Please call or e-mail for next available class