For experienced divers, Tec Diver Level 1 is your introduction to Technical Diving.
Divers looking to take on the challenge of tec diving but missing the experience requirements for PADI DSAT Tec Deep, the Tec 1 (Tec Apprentice) course develops the skills essential and knowledge essential to tec diving and enables you to make gas-switch, extended no-stop dives to 40m/130ft.
You'll learn to:
After learning how to assemble, configure, and don the standard tec rig, you will begin a series of seven training dives to develop the motor skills and knowledge necessary for tec diving. After learning how to assemble, configure, and don the standard tec rig, you will rehearse emergency skills such as long-hose sharing and gas-shutdown drills. You will also learn the how to plan dives based on your surface air consumption (SAC) rate, make use of NOTOX enriched air gas switches to extend your bottom time, and prepare for foreseeable hazards, risks, and limits inherent in tec diving.
In the end, you will be able to make gas-switch, extended no-stop dives to 40m/130ft using enriched air mixes as high as EANx60 on the standard tec rig.
The course will require 4 days of diving (including pool and open water sessions), 2-3 academic sessions, and 2 or more equipment configuration sessions.
- Certification as PADI Advanced Open Water (or equivalent)
- Certification as PADI Rescue Diver (or equivalent)
- Minimum age of 18 years old
- Certification as PADI Enriched Air Diver (or equivalent)
- Certification as PADI Deep Diver (or equivalent)
- Have a minimum of 50 logged dives, of which at least
- 10 dives must be enriched air dives
- 12 dives must be deeper than 18 meters/60 feet
- at least 6 dives must be deeper than 30 meters/100 feet
- Have a medical form signed by your physician
The course will require 3-4 days of diving (including pool and open water sessions), 2-3 academic sessions, and 2 or more equipment configuration sessions.
- Dive 1: 0-30
- Dive 2: 0-30
- Dive 3: 0-30
- Dive 4: 40-80
- Dive 5: 50-80
- Dive 6: 80-100
- Dive 7: 80-110
- You'll learn to make gas-switch, extended no-decompression dives using air and enriched air up to EANx60 to 40 meters/130 feet.
- You'll also prepare for and respond to foreseeable technical diving emergencies. Since it is part of the Tec Deep Diver course, your PADI DSAT Tec Diver Level 1 course training will credit towards the PADI DSAT Tec Deep Diver course.
Each diver will be required to have a complete set of personal dive equipment, including:
- Diving cylinder with a minimum of 80 cubic feet with a dual-outlet valve on the cylinder ( .Y. or .H. valve) or 2 diving cylinders at least 80 cft back mount or sidemount.
- Primary & secondary regulators for doubles
- One with a seven foot hose for air sharing
- One with an SPG
- 2 Stage/deco cylinders with regulator, SPG & staging kit - properly labeled
- Back-up deco gas as required
- BC, back plate & harness (dual bladder or dual wings unless drysuit diving)
- Dive computer (single or multi-gas), and either back-up computer or timer & depth gauge
- Back-up decompression information (computer, dive tables, etc.)
- Exposure protection (dry suit use requires prior dry suit diving experience)
- Weight system (if needed)
- Lights as necessary, including primary and backup
- Jon line (for current diving environments)
- Safety reel
- (2) Slates, (1 wrist-type)
- Z-knife and back-up cutting device
- Spare clips, pull-ties, tank wrap bands & other rigging accessories
- Back-up mask (optional)
- Lift bag (100lbs min)
ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT CONSIDERATIONS
Equipment provided by SLC Scuba:
- Computer with decompression software
- Oxygen analyzer
- Emergency Oxygen & first aid kit
- Contents labels
- Forms & support materials
Divers will read the appropriate section of their TecRec manual and answer the Knowledge Reviews prior to the practical application portion. A score of at least 80% is required on all exams.
- Certification: PADI TECREC - DSAT
- Cost: $800.00
- Dates: Please call or e-mail for next available class