PADI Rebreather Qualifier
Closed Circuit Rebreathers:
- Hollis Explorer
- Poseidon MKVI Discovery
The PADI Rebreather Qualifier Course is designed for Rebreather or Advanced Rebreather divers looking to certify on an additional unit. This course teaches the specifics of the new unit and basic familiarization. Existing Rebreather divers can be certifed at the PADI Rebreather or Advanced Rebreather level depending on their current certifications.
- Be a PADI Rebreather or Advanced Rebreather Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- *Divers entering the program with a qualifying certification from another organization must meet additional requirements.
- Minimum age of 18 years old
The course will require 1-2 days of diving (including pool and open water sessions), knowledge development sessions, and practical applications /equipment configuration sessions.
Minimum Time on Unit:
Each diver will be required to have a complete rebreather, including:
- Diving cylinders
- 1 bail out tank with regulator, SPG, & staging kit
- BC, back plate & harness
- Exposure protection (dry suit use requires prior dry suit diving experience)
- Weight system (if needed)
- Lights as necessary, including primary and backup
- Jon line (for current diving environments)
- Safety reel
- Z-knife and back-up cutting device
- Spare clips, pull-ties, tank wrap bands & other rigging accessories
- Back-up mask (optional)
- DSMB (Delayed Surface Marker Buoy
ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT CONSIDERATIONS
Poseidon MKVI Rebreather rental available for $100 per day
Equipment provided by SLC Scuba::
- Oxygen analyzer
- Emergency Oxygen & first aid kit
- Forms & support materials
Divers will read the appropriate section of their Rebreather & Advanced Rebreather Manual and answer the Knowledge Reviews prior to the practical application portion. A score of at least 80% is required on all exams.
- Certification: PADI Rebreather & Advanced Rebreather Diver
- Cost: $500.00
- Dates: Please call or e-mail for next available class